WP Job Manager core sends a basic job detail notification to the administrator of the site when a new job listing is submitted. However for more complex solutions you will need to use a third party plugin. Here are a few recommendations:
- The WP Job Manager Emails plugin which provides native support and includes email templates
- The Post Status Notifier to set up notifications when the status of a job listing changes.
- Or if you feel comfortable with editing code, you can add some custom code to send notification emails
Our add-ons may also send notifications:
- Applications sends a confirmation email to both employers and candidates.
- Job Alerts sends emails to candidates.
- Resume Manager will email new resume submissions to the administrator (if this setting is enabled). An alternative email address can be set within the settings if needed..
- WC Paid Listings does not send emails however WooCommerce does depending on your settings, as listings are treated as products.
WP Job Manager core as well as the add-ons mentioned above use the wp_mail() function – that is a core function of WordPress – to send emails. If emails are not being sent/received, then the issue is not with WP Job Manager itself, but with the core email function on your web host.
We have a great guide here to help you troubleshoot and find solutions to common issues.