WP Admin > Job Listings > Settings is the page where you can configure the plugin. You’ll see a tabbed interface showing available setting groups:
Plugins such as Job Alerts may add their own settings tabs here as pictured.
↑ Back to Top Job Listings settings
The job listings tab contains the following settings:
- Listings per page – Controls how many job listings should be shown per page when using the [jobs] shortcode
- Filled positions – If checked, filled positions will no longer be visible when using the [jobs] shortcode
- Hide expired listings – If checked, expired job listings are not searchable.
- Hide Expired Listings Content – If checked, the content within expired listings will be hidden.
- Categories – If checked, job categories will be enabled. These are used to group jobs by category and are also visible on the frontend job submission form if enabled.
- Multi-select Categories – If enabled, the category select box will default to a multiselect on the [jobs] shortcode.
- Category Filter Type – Determines the logic used to display jobs when selecting multiple categories.
- Types – Choose whether you want to enable types.
- Multi-select Listing Types – If enabled, each job can have more than one type.
- Date Format – Choose how you want the published date for jobs to be displayed on the front-end.
- Google Maps API Key – Enter your Google Maps API key (you can acquire one here). Google requires an API key to retrieve location information for job listings.
↑ Back to Top Job Submission settings
The job submission tab shows options regarding the job submission process in WP Job Manager:
- Account required – If left unchecked, non-logged in users will be able to submit job listings without creating an account.
- Account creation – If checked, non-logged in users will be able to create an account by entering their email address on the job submission form. This is optional depending on the settings below.
- Account Username – If enabled, a username will be generated from the first part of the user email address. Otherwise, a username field will be shown.
- Account Password – When enabled, an email will be sent to the new user with their username and a link to set their password. If disabled, a password field will be shown and the new user’s email address won’t be verified.
- Account Role – If you enable registration on your job submission form, choose a role for the newly registered users. This defaults to Employer.
- Moderate New Listings – If enabled, new submissions will be inactive, pending admin approval. Only once approved by an admin (published) will they be visible on the frontend.
- Allow Pending Edits – If enabled, submissions awaiting admin approval can be edited by the user.
- Listing duration – How many days listings are live before expiring. Can be left blank to never expire. Published jobs will automatically be set to expire based on this setting.
- Application Method – Choose the contact method for listings.
↑ Back to Top Pages
The pages tab allows you to select the pages where you’ve inserted the main WP Job Manager shortcodes.
- Submit Job Form Page – Select the page where you have placed the [submit_job_form] shortcode.
- Job Dashboard Page – Select the page where you have placed the [job_dashboard] shortcode.
- Job Listings Page – Select the page where you have placed the [jobs] shortcode.