The Job submission form is shortcode powered and must be added to a WordPress page in order to be used.
↑ Back to Top Setup
Create a new page, name it something along the lines of Submit Job and then inside the content area add the shortcode:
It is best to insert the shortcode into the ‘text’ view of the visual editor to ensure it gets formatted correctly.
↑ Back to Top Job submission steps
Step 1 – Job and Company Detail Fields
The first field in the job form shows the “Your account” row.
This field’s display varies depending on your settings.
- If the user is logged in this shows the currently logged in user.
- If the user is logged out, accounts are not mandatory, and “Allow account creation” is disabled this shows a sign in link.
- If the user is logged out, accounts are mandatory, and “Allow account creation” is disabled the form is disabled.
- If the user is logged out, accounts are mandatory, and “Allow account creation” is enabled an email field is shown to allow signup.
After the account section, the top-most part of the form shows the Job Fields – these include:
- Job Title
- Job Location
- Job Description
- Job Type e.g. freelance
- Job application URL/email address
If categories are enabled in the settings that field will also be visible.
Beneath the Job fields there is a section for company information:
- Company name
- Tagline – A short description of the company
- Twitter username
These fields will be pre-filled where appropriate if the user is logged in and has submitted a job in the past.
Step 2 – Preview
The preview page shows the job details which have been submitted in the style of a single job listing. The user may click “Edit” to change the details of their listing, or “Submit” to submit their listing for viewing or approval (depending on your settings).
Step 3 – Confirmation
A short message stating the status of their newly created listing.
↑ Back to Top Customisation of the job submission form
Adding, editing and removing fields can be done using filters. See this tutorial (advanced) to learn how.