The Job submission form is shortcode powered and must be added to a WordPress page in order to be used.
↑ Back to Top Setup
Create a new page, name it something along the lines of Submit Job and then inside the content area add the shortcode:
It is best to insert the shortcode into the ‘text’ view of the visual editor to ensure it gets formatted correctly.
↑ Back to Top Job submission steps
Step 1 – Job and Company Detail Fields
The first field in the job form shows the “Your account” row.
This field’s display varies depending on your settings.
- If the user is logged in this shows the currently logged in user.
- If the user is logged out, accounts are not mandatory, and “Allow account creation” is disabled this shows a sign in link.
- If the user is logged out, accounts are mandatory, and “Allow account creation” is disabled the form is disabled.
- If the user is logged out, accounts are mandatory, and “Allow account creation” is enabled an email field is shown to allow signup.
After the account section, the top-most part of the form shows the Job Fields – these include:
- Job Title
- Job Location (optional)
- Remote Position (optional)
- Job Description
- Job Type (e.g. freelance)
- Job application URL/email address
If categories are enabled in the settings that field will also be visible.
Beneath the Job fields there is a section for company information:
- Company name
- Tagline – A short description of the company
- Twitter username
These fields will be pre-filled where appropriate if the user is logged in and has submitted a job in the past.
Step 2 – Preview
The preview page shows the job details which have been submitted in the style of a single job listing. The user may click “Edit” to change the details of their listing, or “Submit” to submit their listing for viewing or approval (depending on your settings).
If you’d like to remove the Preview step, check out this tutorial to learn how.
Step 3 – Confirmation
A short message stating the status of their newly created listing.
↑ Back to Top Customisation of the job submission form
Adding, editing, and removing fields can be done using filters. See this tutorial (advanced) to learn how.