With the Embeddable Job Widget plugin, you can show a form on your site that users can generate some embed code with. This embed code can show listings from your site wherever they use the code.
↑ Back to Top Installation
To install this plugin, please refer to the guide here: https://wordpress.org/support/article/managing-plugins/#installing-plugins
Once activated you’ll be able to use the form shortcode.
↑ Back to Top Setting up the Embed Code Generation Shortcode
The embed code generation form can be added to a page using a shortcode. To set this up:
- Create a page in WordPress admin – you can name this whatever you want.
- Switch from the visual editor to the text editor and add the following shortcode to the page content: [embeddable_job_widget_generator]
- Save the page.
The page will show this on the frontend:
↑ Back to Top Using the Embed Code Generator
The embed code generation form contains several options for the widget it generates:
- Keyword which searches for jobs that match the keywords provided.
- Location which searches for jobs within a certain location.
- Display Count which controls how many jobs get displayed.
- Show Pagination which shows a next/previous link in the widget to show more results.
- Categories to limit the jobs which get displayed.
- Job Type which limit the jobs that get displayed.
Once you’ve chosen your desired options for the widget, click ‘Get Widget Embed Code‘. This will reveal 2 sections; a preview of your widget, and the code you can paste on a website to display the jobs:
The code can be pasted into any website (it doesn’t have to be a WordPress site) and your job listings will be displayed.
↑ Back to Top Advanced: Customising the Widget Templates
There are 4 template files included with this plugin:
- content-embeddable-widget-job_listing.php – Controls the output of each job listing.
- embed-code-css.php – Controls the CSS contained in the embed.
- embed-code.php – Controls the main embed code (script, wrapper and heading)
- form-embed-code-generator.php – Contains the embed code form.
To customise these template files e.g. if you want to edit the styling, copy the file from wp-content/plugins/wp-job-manager-embeddable-job-widget/templates/ into yourtheme/wp-job-manager-embeddable-job-widget/.
The version you copy into your theme folder will take priority.