Indeed Integration is a paid plugin for WP Job Manager 1.7+ which lets you query and show sponsored results from Indeed when listing jobs, list Indeed jobs via a shortcode, and list your own listings on Indeed by generating an XML feed.
↑ Back to Top Installation
To install this plugin, please refer to the guide here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Managing_Plugins#Manual_Plugin_Installation
↑ Back to Top Registering for an Indeed publisher ID
In order to start listing jobs from Indeed’s API you’ll need a publisher ID. To get this:
- Register for an Indeed account
- Once registered and logged in, go to the XML Feed tab.
- Find the Sample Request section
- In that section it will state what your publisher ID is (it’s a 16 digit number). Copy and paste this into the Publisher ID field under Job Listings > Settings > Indeed Integration.
↑ Back to Top How Indeed Jobs work
This plugin lets you backfill your job board with results from Indeed dynamically. If a user searches and no results are found in your database for example, you can set this plugin to pull in X results from Indeed’s API and display them instead.
Any jobs shown will link right through to Indeed where the user can read more details about a position.
↑ Back to Top Settings
The settings are found in
Job Listings > Settings > Indeed Integration. The following settings are available:
- Publisher ID – To show search results from Indeed you will need a publisher account. Obtain this here: https://ads.indeed.com/jobroll/signup. This is also needed in order to generate a feed for exporting to Indeed.
- Enable Indeed XML feed. – Choose whether or not you want to generate a job export feed for Indeed. See http://www.indeed.com/intl/en/xmlinfo.html.
- Enable backfilling jobs from Indeed – Choose whether or not you want to display jobs on your site from Indeed.
- Site type – Choose where results should come from. Indeed supports Job boards and Employer websites (or both).
The default query settings
When a variable isn’t set, for example prior to entering a keyword, these settings control what results are shown.
- Default query – Enter terms to search for by default. By default terms are ANDed. For example,
web designerwould query web design jobs by default.
- Default location – Enter a location to search for by default.
- Default job type – Choose which type of job to query by default.
- Default country – Choose a default country to show jobs from. See https://ads.indeed.com/jobroll/xmlfeed for the full list of supported country codes.
This settings control when Indeed jobs get shown and where.
- Backfilling (no results) – If there are no jobs found, backfill with X jobs from Indeed instead. Leave blank or set to 0 to disable.
- Backfill before jobs – Show a maximum of X jobs from Indeed above your job listings. Leave blank or set to 0 to disable.
- Backfill after jobs – Show a maximum of X jobs from Indeed after the last page of your job listings. Leave blank or set to 0 to disable.
- Backfill per page – For each page of jobs loaded, show a maximum of X jobs from Indeed. Leave blank or set to 0 to disable.
Once configured, Indeed jobs will be listed where appropriate.
↑ Back to Top Shortcodes
The Indeed plugin comes with one shortcode:
[indeed_jobs]. This lets you list purely jobs from Indeed based on a search you configure. It supports the following arguments:
limit– Defaults to 10 results
sort– Controls the d default sort order (can be set to relevance or date). Defaults to
q– Controls the default search query. Defaults to what you use in the settings.
l– Controls the default location you search for. Defaults to what you use in the settings.
jt– Controls the job type you are searching for, e.g. fulltime. Defaults to what you use in the settings.
start– Offset (defaults to 0).
radius– Radius (defaults to 25) from your search location.
[indeed_jobs limit=10 jt=fulltime l=NJ]
↑ Back to Top XML Feed Export
Indeed lets you list your own jobs on Indeed if you provide them with an XML Feed. This plugin can generate the feed if you enable it in settings.
All jobs which are published and non-filled will be included in your feed, and when enabled it will be found at `yoursite.com/indeed-job-feed/’. Once your feed is setup and running, submit it to Indeed here.
Note that Indeed will only accept an XML feed if there are no listings older than 30 days.