ZipRecruiter Integration is a paid plugin for WP Job Manager which lets you query and show job listings from ZipRecruiter. It also includes a shortcode that displays only ZipRecruiter jobs.
↑ Back to Top Installation
↑ Back to Top Registering for a ZipRecruiter API Key
In order to start listing jobs from ZipRecruiter’s API you’ll need an API key. To get the key:
- Request a key using this form.
- Once you’ve received your key from ZipRecruiter (it can take a few days), paste it into the API Key field under Job Listings > Settings > ZipRecruiter in your WordPress dashboard.
↑ Back to Top How the ZipRecruiter Integration Works
This plugin lets you backfill your job board with results from ZipRecruiter dynamically. For example, if a user searches and no results are found in your own database, you can set this plugin to pull in results from the ZipRecruiter API and display those instead.
Any jobs shown will link out via ZipRecruiter to the source job posting page, where the user can read more details about the position and apply.
↑ Back to Top Settings
The settings are found in Job Manager > Settings > ZipRecruiter. The following settings are available:
- API Key — This is required. See above.
- Backfilling (No Results) — If there are no jobs found, backfill with X jobs from ZipRecruiter instead. Leave blank or set to 0 to disable.
- Backfill Before Jobs — Show a maximum of X jobs from ZipRecruiter above your job listings. Leave blank or set to 0 to disable.
- Backfill After Jobs — Show a maximum of X jobs from ZipRecruiter after the last page of your job listings. Leave blank or set to 0 to disable.
- Backfill Per Page — For each page of jobs loaded, show a maximum of X jobs from ZipRecruiter. Leave blank or set to 0 to disable.
The Default Query Settings
When a variable isn’t set (for example, prior to entering a keyword), these settings control what results are shown:
- Default Keywords — Enter keywords to search for by default. Use commas to separate multiple values. These will be overridden when a user enters their own keywords.
- Exclude Keywords — Enter keywords to exclude from searches. Use commas to separate multiple values.
- Require Keywords — Keywords to require for all searches. Use commas to separate multiple values.
- Default Location — Enter a location to search for by default. This will be overridden when a user enters their own location.
↑ Back to Top Shortcode
The ZipRecruiter add-on includes the
[ziprecruiter_jobs] shortcode. It lists jobs only from ZipRecruiter based on a search you configure. The following parameters are supported:
search— Keywords you want to search for.
location— Location near which you want to search.
jobs_per_page— Number of jobs per page to display.
page— The number of pages of jobs to display.
radius_miles— Radius (in miles) within which to search for jobs.
For example, to search ZipRecruiter for welding jobs around New York City, you would use:
[ziprecruiter_jobs search="welder" location="New York City"]